• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Build 14 Beta 3.2 Installation

sorry didnt answer your question re:error log, and now ive just uninstalled it!

well if it fails again I will make note of it

Make sure you download part 2 again it should be 2.504.265.433 bytes in size (not size on disk but normal size)

One of my previous experience is same with you, mate. Try to double check your downloader (whatever it is). It greatly causes the download to crash and will give you an empty file.

ok I have now successfully downloaded the full file, b14_beta3_full-1.7z and the b14_beta3_installer_internal.exe, and placed them in their own folder.

When I click on the installer and I begin setup, a window appears - 'main files archive not present. Place b14_beta3_full.potc in this folder to continue.'

Why would it say that lads ? where am i going wrong, the stock game is installed outside program files and runs ok, and i am satisfied i have downloaded both parts correctly

That problem is still there? :facepalm

Try renaming the b14_beta3_full from 7zip to b14_beta3_full.potc. That works according to a post in the first page of this thread.

The extension doesn't matter. It'll accept .7z and .potc. But the actual filename must match.
According to your post, your copy of the files has a "-1" appended to it, which would make it fail.

File name updated to .potc accordingly, and im now playing the game!

Thanks lads, and great work again. Im amazed by how good it looks and plays, so smooth

HUZZAH!!

this is what i get when the stock has not been touched and its just sitting there in my downloads folder. When I click on it, it tells me where it wants me to extract the files. I extract them, click on ENGINE then it will load the main menu screen but when i press new game it crashes, also there are some other saved files in there so if i press load game it still crashes...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 478
Hmmm.

When you click on it and it says where it wants to extract to, click on the box with the dots on it to the right. A menu will come up. Select the hard drive you want to install it to, click on "make new folder", name the new folder "POTC", and click "OK". The installer will then install POTC into that folder. Open that folder and find the "engine.ini" file. If it doesn't say "ini". it is the one with no icon. It opens with notepad. Open it and at the top you will see 2 lines: Screen_x = 800 and screen_y = 600. Change the 800 and 600 to your screen resolution and click "file" and save, then exit. Then click on the engine.exe, the one with the icon, and the game should start and take you to the main menu. Then click on "new game" and it should start a new game. It does for me.

If it does not, then what are your computer specs?

Back