• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Buccaneers, Independent British Sitcom In The Works!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Over the years I have been doing stories for PA, I have covered a lot of Independent game developers and even a few Independent film developers, most of them were developing pirate themed projects of course. I am pretty sure though that I have never seen an independent TV sitcom development, till today that is! I just ran across THIS story over at www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk, about a Bournemouth University college student who is producing her very own independent British TV pirate sitcom called “Buccaneers!”

Twenty three year old Kerry Mathews, who is is studying for her MA Producing Film and Television. and her independent production company Elfrida Productions, are currently filming in the West Country of England. According to the article, she plans on filming the first episode and then showing it to TV broadcasters and production companies, hoping one of them will pick it up for a full blown run.

Buccaneers has an interesting concept for a plot, a group of pirates is forced to hold up in the British port of Salt Stealer Bay after their ship, “Graceful Pigeon”, is stolen right out from under them. Captain Murdock Cain and his crew are forced to deal with the local constabulary while trying to formulate a scheme to get them back on the open ocean where they belong.

Even though I live in the US, I grew up watching a lot of British sitcoms on PBS, and I am realy looking forward to this one! If it gets picked up of course, and you can help make that happen! They are accepting donations for the project, both monetary and props, and have a few sketches up over in their web site HERE!

Attachments

• Buccuneers_logo.png
    Buccuneers_logo.png
    796 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
That sounds VERY promising! Pirates + British + humour can be one amazing combination! :woot

It sure worked out pretty good for Monty Python! :onya

Crimson Permanent Assurance, eh? That one has some good swashbuckling music too! There's a nice suite available of it somewhere.

I was actually thinking Yellowbeard, but the Crimson Permanent Assurance is unforgettable classic Python! :rofl

Then there is also the original Monty Python pirate sketch!

Yellowbeard, eh? Fun too! Though.... Is that an actual Monty Python film? Or just one with several of the same actors?

Technically it is not a Monty Python film, but with Graham Chapman, Eric Idle and John Cleese it's close enough for me!

Back