• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Brigantine Castell Friedrichsburg 1688, upgraded to 16 guns

Yes, there are updates on her.
CF_9.jpg

CF_10.jpg

CF_11.jpg

CF_12.jpg

I'm planning to work with glass surfaces when everything else will be done on hull.

Wohohoho, she turns out to be a Really, Really nice Brig. :will Espacially the figure and the heads look amazing. :onya
I know i saw them on a ship plan, but no clue what ship it was.... Ha i found them, the Prinz Willem has them, too.

One minor thing feels odd. The Hull looks a little bit to thin, to me...
But this is only my two cents.

Overall a really great work, keep it coming, mate.

I do like that figurehead. :onya The rest of the ship is pretty neet too, and I am looking forward to sailing her.

yay. now i have another ship to call the seabanana. :blah: say, how high-poly is the part below the waterline? it seems a bit pointless, given that you won't be seeing it anyway. might be worth considering for future models.

She's beautiful Mate!!! :onya

Can't wait to sail her in game. :yes Keep up the good work!

MK

2Nightwatcher: You won't believe it, but the figurehead was made less than in two hours with help of a modeling tutorial that teaches how to create a dog from a "Bolt" cartoon :) You were right about the hull. I made it thicker to match the plans.
2Morgan Terror: There will be a general work on reducing a polycount, when the hull is finished, so the polycount on lower part of hull will be reduced too.

man, my CPU just hurts from looking at that detail. it's still nicely done, of course. seems you got a doubled-up surface on the upper part of the window frame though.

man, my CPU just hurts from looking at that detail. it's still nicely done, of course. seems you got a doubled-up surface on the upper part of the window frame though.
:cheeky It isn't so bad, as it appears. For example, Poseidon has 39582 polygons on hull, without details. And the guns, fences, bells etc have another 70260 polygons. And CPUs works fine with that model. My brigantine is still below 40k polygons. And almost all the detailed objects are done. If it will be too heavy, when finished, I'll make ornaments more simple. So don't worry, mate!

i'm not sure if i've ever seen the poseidon in my game. i have seen the black pearl though, of course, and that one works allright.

i have, however, managed to make a 200K+ component model in sketchup once before it got too laggy to finish, which was somewhat overkill.

The Poseidon works ok for me. Go over to MODDB and check out some of the videos. I made 2 or 3 featuring her. You really don't want to be getting into 15+ ship battles with her tho.

Wow ! Thats a stern to look at! :woot

I would be amazed if the figure on my Revenge only looks half as good as these wonderful sculpturing you have done here. Really impressive to me, REALLY!

That there is a stern to be proud of, mate! Wonderful craftsmanship! :bow

Back