• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug BoP Storyline - Missing Head Animation causing CTD

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
7 Jan WIP
When walking up the port area looking for Emilio (before going to the jungle to find him), there is a wanted poster. If you click on it, the head animation file is missing as is the dialogue file for h_B_invisible.ani

When you close the interface the game crashes.

Save game attached. Note that Benoit and Adrain both have blank dialogue boxes after recapturing the Anaconda. They really should have been set back to an officer dialogue box.

Error file does not get generated until after you look at the poster.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Cuba. Santiago port. June 9th, 1661.7z
    726.7 KB · Views: 147
Missing head files don't cause crashes? :shock

But maybe something related to the dialog file linked to the Wanted Poster could be the reason.
That's a BuildingSet structure; but I doubt it was ever intended to be "talked to".
There might not even be a valid dialog file assigned to it at all.

Pieter,
There seems to be some issues with this - or Santiago Port. You only have to walk close to the poster and it causes the game to crash???
Have a look at the system log - NPC Issues as well.

Attachments

• system.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 141
Yes, i also noted that. In the past I added a stick to put the Spanish Flag there. Maybe the gm model of this stick can crash the game... But, I'm not sure. Anyway, this bug isn't systematic.

Back