• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Bombs

FaxMate

Sailor Apprentice
Heiya, I just wanted to ask if anybody knows where to buy bombs? Or if they are to enable how to?

Thank you in advance.

I forgot where to buy or how to get them but I can show you how to enable them in stores.

Go to PROGRAM\STORES ----- then open the file named initGoods.c

Search for this line:
Code:
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].NoTrade = true;  // Sulan

Then change "true" to "false" or just remove the entire line but I wouldn't recommend that. When you finally discover where to buy said bombs properly, you can change that one back to "false".

They are set to "NoTrade" by default for immersion purposes as regular stores cannot legally just sell that type of goods to anyone as it is overpowered and very dangerous to keep it in their warehouses back in the days, I think :cheeky. Try going for the smugglers or pirates or maybe if you rank up in the service high enough they would be able to sell you that or have it especially made and or ordered by someone -this you have to figure it out.

Cheers! :beer:

Go into a fort through a land gate - storming the fort from the sea won't work. Avoid or kill all the soldiers, and you'll be doing it all by yourself because your officers aren't crazy enough to follow you into this. :p

But do not kill any civilians you meet. There are sometimes one or more of these. Talk to them. If you're moderately lucky, they won't call an alarm to summon more soldiers. There are various types of civilians and if you're really lucky, the one you've met is an inspector of ordinance. He will give you a load of bombs.

Didn't know about that! :woot

I entered one of the forts once got caught and never tried exploring them after that xD ,i must try it out when i replay the game. :cheers

That is good stuff right there! :woot I didn't know it as well. I did try to go into some forts and die because it's near to or just impossible killing all the soldiers there but yes, I talked to the random civilian they're with and got a lot of money out of him one time but never bombs. I only did tried maybe 4 or 5 times and I always get caught or the civilian raises the alarm. Is the civilian calling out the guards affected by luck as well or just random? It should though or Leadership trait since it'll make you smoother when charming other people out. :cheeky

Go into a fort through a land gate - storming the fort from the sea won't work. Avoid or kill all the soldiers, and you'll be doing it all by yourself because your officers aren't crazy enough to follow you into this. :p

But do not kill any civilians you meet. There are sometimes one or more of these. Talk to them. If you're moderately lucky, they won't call an alarm to summon more soldiers. There are various types of civilians and if you're really lucky, the one you've met is an inspector of ordinance. He will give you a load of bombs.
A second way to find bombs is to travel around using DirectSail mode.
You will occasionally encounter 'abandoned hulks' at sea which can contain bombs as well.

In theory, bombs are supposed to be used by FORTS ONLY so that's why they're not available for purchase.
But we did add in these two work-arounds/Easter Eggs to allow players a bit of extra fun. ;)

Okay, well thanks for all of your answers, I was just curious because, I once looked at a ship with my spyglass in combat and saw that he has loaded bombs, but when I entered him hasn´t got any left. Thank you. :)

Okay, well thanks for all of your answers, I was just curious because, I once looked at a ship with my spyglass in combat and saw that he has loaded bombs, but when I entered him hasn´t got any left. Thank you. :)
Hmnn...that does ruin the realistic adventure of your character but hey, he might've fired every last shot but what are the odds of that right? Anyway, I haven't the foggiest about the coding on that. But again on another thought, those are considered contraband's so ships containing them might be very limited as they are hard to get. :woot

The spyglass report on the enemy's ammo is not reliable unless you are very close. Either you're getting a random result, or the enemy captain has ordered bombs to be loaded and the gunner has just told him "Sorry, sir, we don't have any." :no

Back