• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BNH B15 Issues

Yep...it's the installed "Nag-Ware" with constant popup ads to update, go Pro, special sale, etc. Once it posts on top the screen it cannot be removed if they've not tagged it with a delete x in the upper right corner or a dismiss link, whatever... Never had that happen before this is new and I don't know if it's due to the new engine or a more aggressive marketing. In B14 the screen priority is so low that anything popping up would close the game screen sound would continue but no visual. I suspected the priority rating was set too low resulting in anything having a higher priority. Tried the alt-tab but no effect, so it's something new, probably a 10 fault being exploited.

I've played enough of BNH to know it's not my style of game, too restricted by the active new code. None of my InternalSettings mods worked. Boarding party was not my selection, ships icons did not show flag even though I have a spyglass 4 which dictates I should see everything about the ships in the sailing list revealed. Dead boarding party weapons cannot be gathered (recovered) not only a violation of individual preference/selection but of the primacy rule of recovery of weapons from friend and foe after a battle. While I can take money the weapon is blocked! This along with all the other "personalization tweaks" taken away makes this game not mine but someone elses that has a penchant for making the play frustrating and aggravating for no good reason. This is not a copyrighted game where the author has the legal right to restrict others from modifying their play code. If I choose to play as a wealthy lord engaging the enemies of the Crown and Country then I have significant advantages over the commoner who enters the seafaring profession and slowly works their way up the ranks by luck and grit. I'm not an Horatio Hornblower starting as a cabin boy and becoming an Admiral. This game is meant to be fun and open for modding however an individual desires to enhance the pleasure of their experience. As B14 was, with so many opportunities to select levels of difficulty to overcome in play. "Play" is the credo here... Play is supposed to be relaxing, fun, enjoyable... not aggravating and frustrating by restrictions and interferences with the role and actions. 14 was as difficult as the individual wanted it to be or as easy an entertainment so as to enjoy the simulation of the period. By the way pirates preferred Slave ships, built to sail fast, sturdy, with below decks very open for the cargo they capture, not warships which are just the opposite in every characteristic. BNH is very disappointing for me so I'm going to return to my enjoyment of the buggy but infinitely variable game I've played since v16.

I'm following your W7 suggestion, just spent the whole day doing exactly what you suggested and will spend tomorrow finding your zipped games, setting them up and playing to my gratification... thanks for taking the time to make it possible.

BTW... this sink a ship crash... any ideas what changed in 18 that got this started?

Cheers Mate!
CG71

Can hope things get better after a reinstall, then! :onya

BTW... this sink a ship crash... any ideas what changed in 18 that got this started?
No idea whatsoever. Most of my contributions to the Build Mod were before that time and I haven't kept up with just about any changes to the modpack.

Hmmm.... Where can I get help with this Sink a Ship glitch? If I'm getting it whether I use 7 or 10 I suspect it's in the code rather than the OS used.
Making a general Call-OUT for HELP! Anyone in the realm having the same problem? Has anyone found this glitch and been able to remove it? Since the earlier games do not what about the versions after 17 that do? I suspect a save overflow due to the additional action perhaps exceeding the allotted space? That conflict Do-Loop would certainly stop the execution of the process. Any other ideas from the expert coders out there? Throw me a "life-ring" please.

BTW...given up on BNH... just not my style of game play... too structured with no allocations for personalization... more like MS in attitude: "MY way or the Highway".

CG71

Back