• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Blue Bird boarding in GOG's version 1.3

A.H

Privateer
Hi folks.
I bought the game yesterday on GOG and I chose Captain difficulty.
Currently having impossible moment in boarding the Blue Xebec.
When I finally killed the crew and went to the captain; he was impossible... regenerates health and I hit only 2 or 3 damage compared to his deadly hits (even when I block)

... only to find out that my stupid health is -85% down!
All my skills/attributes are poor.

So I reloaded an earlier save and I spent 300k in taverns and brothels for a period of 38 days and still my health has not got any better.

Any solution which I might be blind to see?

Hello
You spent 38 days in taverns and brothels? No wonder your health didn't recover :D. But seriously, what happens when you eat some grapes or drink a health potion? You don't recover? At the beginning when your rank is low this game can be difficult. What sword do you have? What rank? You should be able to recover that's for sure. Do you know how to use potions?

Haha I been playing this game since 5 years. But back then I used older versions of COAS; and I never bothered to look at health because many times I played @ easy level.
Now I'm trying Captain level for first time so I'm enjoying the challenge - but at the expense of my ignorance in many fields of the game!

I will try to eat grapes; however I thought I'm allowed to take potions/grapes only when I'm injured...?

And I'm using a light weight weapon; Shiavona.
I'm trying to find a better rapier.

Currently am level 4 (I think)

I'm not sure if it's applicable, but check the priest in the church. He might be able to help.

Hook

Ahhh I found the problem!
My ship is tier 3... while I can hold a maximum of tier 4.

So that lowered all my stats by 75-85% and it did a terrible effect!

Now after going to tier 4... I killed the enemy crew easily, but the Xebec captain was tough, had to reload 10 times to kill him.

Thanks anyhow for all your inputs guys!

Back