• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Blacksmith error

Alex01

Landlubber
Hi guys!I have a problem in the New Horizons mod,build 14 beta 3.4.Every time when I enter to the blacksmith,in any island,the blacksmith doesn't appear,I mean the person.I tried to change in the "Game Preferences" the quality of the weapons,to have different quality grades,and I don't see any difference,the blacksmith is not appearing.Do you know what's the problem?

New Horizons mod,build 14 beta 3.4
Why are you using that version? It is pretty old.
I recommend this version instead: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 31 August 2017][Beta 7 December 2017]

I tried to change in the "Game Preferences" the quality of the weapons,to have different quality grades,and I don't see any difference,the blacksmith is not appearing.Do you know what's the problem?
Are they also missing in a new game?

Why are you using that version? It is pretty old.
I recommend this version instead: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 31 August 2017][Beta 7 December 2017]
http://piratesahoy.net/threads/buil...te-31-august-2017-beta-7-december-2017.27122/
@Alex01: which version of Windows do you have, and what hardware does your PC have? There's a known problem with the levelling system in versions later than Beta 3.4 which can cause the game to crash regularly on Windows XP or on low performance PC's - is that why you're using Beta 3.4?

Blacksmiths ought to exist in Beta 3.4, though. But you can't switch weapon grade quality on during a game. Characters are only set up when you start a new game, and blacksmiths are only set up if the weapon quality is switched on. So, with it switched on, start a new game, and the blacksmiths ought to show up.

Blacksmiths ought to exist in Beta 3.4, though. But you can't switch weapon grade quality on during a game. Characters are only set up when you start a new game, and blacksmiths are only set up if the weapon quality is switched on. So, with it switched on, start a new game, and the blacksmiths ought to show up.

Thank you!It works now.

@Alex01: which version of Windows do you have, and what hardware does your PC have? There's a known problem with the levelling system in versions later than Beta 3.4 which can cause the game to crash regularly on Windows XP or on low performance PC's - is that why you're using Beta 3.4?

Yes,I have Windows XP and my hardware sounds like this:
-CPU: AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 1.9ghz(2x512 KB L2 cache)
-GPU:Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS 512MB
-RAM:2GB
-HDD:160 GB
In fact,it is an Acer Aspire 5520G laptop

Back