• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Black Sails ships?

TommyM

Sovereign of Death
Storm Modder
Personally, big fan of Starz's show "Black Sails" and I was thinking maybe you guys could add some of the ships from the series to POTC Build Mod. You know, such as Flint's "Walrus" or Vane's "Ranger", the "Andromache" and such.

What you guys think?

56086.jpg

"Walrus" side view.

latest

The "Andromache".

latest

Ned Low's "Fancy".

Last edited:
If someone makes the models, we'd be happy to include them of course.
Who is going to volunteer to do that though?

That's the big question mark.
If I had any knowledge in the matter I'd jump right into it...

You can learn, I'm sure.
All modelers who made models for the game have started somewhere. :doff

Most of those could probably be approximated reasonably well with existing models, perhaps with a simple retexture. For example, Andromache looks pretty close to a stock PoTC pinnace.

Didn't notice that.
Still, pretty sure the modlers of this community are busy with HOOCOTS at the time being anyway...

The Andromache and Walrus bears a close resemblance to the East Indiamen in TEHO, so you may want to look there for a base model

The Andromache and Walrus bears a close resemblance to the East Indiamen in TEHO, so you may want to look there for a base model
You could try porting them yourself.
Porting ships is one of the easier sorts of modding you can do.

There are already several types of East Indiaman in PoTC. The Andromache and Walrus have three sails to a mast, so you probably want to modify "FR_Licorne".
licorne_new.jpg

Personally, big fan of Starz's show "Black Sails" and I was thinking maybe you guys could add some of the ships from the series to POTC Build Mod. You know, such as Flint's "Walrus" or Vane's "Ranger", the "Andromache" and such.

What you guys think?

56086.jpg

"Walrus" side view.

latest

The "Andromache".

latest

Ned Low's "Fancy".
Sorry for being 8 years late, but I have found a similar model and colour scheme to the Walrus whilst playing GOF1. I could try to make a new texture, redo the rigging and port it over:)

The stern does not look as though it needs to be raised any more! By all means import the ship into PoTC - if you upload the files with your change of colours, I'll include it in the next update and credit you for it.

Back