• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Sails Set For 2014

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Over at CraveOnline, they have an interview up with Starz CEO Chris Albrecht in which he talks a bit about the upcoming series Black Sails. I believe Black Sails is the same series I posted on back in May, covering the early days of Captain Flint from Stevenson's classic Treasure Island. The series will be produced by Michael Bay, but I am not sure how much he will actually be involved. While he is apparently good at creating Hollywood blockbusters, he doesn't seem to really care that much about historical accuracy or realistic plots.

There isn't a whole lot in the interview, but it does set a possible air date for early 2014. It also discusses a bit about them using the same bluescreen technology that was used on one of Stars other recent series, Sparticus. I just hope they don't use the same “bullet time”(blade time?) slowdowns with gratuitous blood spurting from every possible orifice.

We went ahead and asked Albrecht about “Black Sails,” the pirate series produced by Michael Bay. Pirate movies have been difficult productions for Hollywood, let alone a weekly series. We asked if developments from “Spartacus” like green screen would help with “Black Sails.”

“Yes, I think all of the innovations that have happened in film and television are going to help accomplish something really unique on ‘Black Sails,’” Albrecht said. “We’re certainly not going to be doing what we did on ‘Spartacus’ which is shoot all interiors. One of the reasons to go to South Africa is we can create great standing sets, both interior and exterior, and actually create a great water set outside, allow us to build a boat and probably another ship to bring that world to life.”

Attachments

• pa-logo.png
    pa-logo.png
    11 KB · Views: 12
Back