• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Sails Season 3 Trailer

Thanks for posting this here mate, I didn't have time before work, but I did Tweet it. I was wondering if Woodes Rogers would make an appearance! :onya

Just a reminder, you should post stuff like this as a new thread in the News forum, that way it will show longer on the front page. :walkplank

I like this poster too :p

12143168_511722345657465_3556598903784251071_n.jpg

Just watched the first episode of Season 3. Very cool!

Now Black Sails has always reminded me of @Jack Rackham, not least of all because he is one of the more likable characters in there.
But never more so than now, with the introduction of WOODES ROGERS!
I've been waiting for that for a while now and he's here at last! :dance

I haven't seen any of season 3 yet, but I was certainly glad to see that Woodes Rogers was going to be introduced! So far, I am a bit disappointing in the story arc for seasons one and two. It reminds me of the way so many other American TV shows have been written over the past twenty years or so. It's written to create as much conflict as possible between as many different factions as possible, telling an actual story becomes secondary. I am enjoying the show, it is certainly better than a lot of what is on TV nowadays, though there needs to be a lot more ship to ship action to make me happy!

I really don't have a favorite character, other than the extremely cute Eleanor Guthrie, played by Hannah New, for very obvious reasons of course! The rest of the casting seems to be adequate, with one glaring exception. I simply do not buy the guy they cast to play Long John Silver, Luke Arnold. Whoever approved the casting for this movie either did not read Treasure Island, or did not understand it! Granted, there are many years between that novel and the setting of this story, and people change over time. However, there are certain character traits that do not change as readily as others, and I just don't see much of Long John Silver in Arnold's performance. Perhaps it is just the writing, or perhaps I am just too biased in my expectations. :shrug

Indeed the chronic backstabbing disorder in this and several other TV series seems quite silly to me.
I can't even figure out anymore who hates whom and why.
And then there are the "now they're good, now they're evil, back to good again, repeat" also becomes less and less believable as it goes on.

Black Sails is also REALLY slow in its development.
Takes them a while season to get underway to find a treasure.
Another season for them to actually get that treasure.

The opening to Season 3 episode 1 was VERY cool though.

Back