• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bit of an update

Tom Stevenson

Landlubber
Staff member
Sorry there's been no update yet, we've been incredibly busy the past couple of weeks getting our first demo video ready.

We are not currently working on 3d modelling, the placeholders we have will have to suffice while we program our core framework, so that mean we can't really give you much eye candy.

I'll be the primary 3d artist and I'm curious to know what you'd like to see me show you first: As soon as we can we will be demonstrating our modular ship design mechanic, we'd also like to demo this as a stand alone web based app.

In the meantime I'd be very interested in hearing what you think of the idea of modular ship design and how many options you'd like to see.

Our current plan is:
6 hull designs (single masted 45' to three masted 120')
4 hull form types
4 deckplan designs for each hull design

That gives us 96 different hull options for everything from a Cutter to a Frigate.

If you need any more info on this please ask, I'll do my best to answer them, but like I said we think the best way to demo this is to show you how it works in a web player demo.

Back