• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Base game problem

Sean.Flann

Sailor Apprentice
Hello guys, back from the dead I am

Recently wanted to get back into this game however I am having trouble even getting the base game to start, nevermind the mod :(

Installed everything correctly (i hope) and tried to run the game however it does not seem to want to start.

The only unusual thing about the setup is that when I try to start the game by just regular clicking it tells me I need admin privileges. After giving them the .exe will run but will not produce any results afterwards. No Black screen, no errors, nothing.

Thanks for your help
Sean

Where did you install the game? If it's in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", the problem is likely to be Windows trying to protect you from yourself. :D It doesn't help that the base game wants to install itself into one of those folders by default!

tried to install it in a folder just inside C/: drive but same result
Do you have Windows 10 by any chance?
If so, the older copy protection on the original game might no longer work; that has been a common problem.
Replacing the ENGINE.exe with one from any of the mods would solve that.

Thank you, this worked, although I am running windows 7.

How would I go about installing the mod with this new engine in the vanilla game directory?

The installation wizard for the mod includes a screen where you tell it where you want it to install.

Back