• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Barbosa and alt tabbing

garganteon

Powder Monkey
Hi,

Ive got two issues and a question

1-Is there any way to allow for alt tabbing and not breaking the game?

2- I was playing as barbosa:
2.1 is there any info on what times does the curse activate and deactivate?
2.2 (the real issue) I attacked in the night to another vessel and i was transformed as a skeleton, however when i advanced deck, i was turned into human barbosa (and thus, got nuked). time was 00:23 ingame, is there any fix to this?

thank you very much

also, whenever im fighting more than 1 enemy ship, if i board an capture one, it seems like the other just flee and break combat. i get allowed to go into map sailing view again and im unable to attack the others,

this gets fixed by reloading but it doesnt make much sense

1-Is there any way to allow for alt tabbing and not breaking the game?
Using Config.exe set "Fullscreen mode" off, then set Resolution to match your desktop resolution
Alternatively, edit engine.ini to set full_screen = 0 and change screen_x and screen_y to match your desktop resolution

is there any info on what times does the curse activate and deactivate?
You are a skeleton at night and regular person by day.
Not entirely sure of the exact timings; probably 06:00-22:00 is considered day?

Or are you asking how to lift the curse itself?
As per the film, the curse is lifted if there are 882 coins in the chest on Isla de Muerta.

(the real issue) I attacked in the night to another vessel and i was transformed as a skeleton, however when i advanced deck, i was turned into human barbosa (and thus, got nuked). time was 00:23 ingame, is there any fix to this?
In the film, the cursed pirates only show as skeletons in the moonlight.
We cannot accurately replicate that, so simplified it by having cursed characters as skeletons when outside at night.
During boarding, probably the "next deck" was inside and therefore you turned back to normal.
So this is intentional.

But if you really don't like it, open PROGRAM\NK.c and find:
Code:
    DoCurse = Whr_IsNight() && GetAttribute(lcn, "environment.weather") == "true";
    if(DoCurse && GetAttribute(lcn, "environment.curse") == "false")
    {
        DoCurse = false;
    }
Replace with:
Code:
DoCurse = Whr_IsNight();

Will making skeleton while only night make me a skeleton inside taverns and such? That would suck tbh, or is there any other variable?

The next deck was indeed an inside deck

I know how to lift the curse :) I was asking about the time of the day, to know when to board or not tbh...

About the other issue? Any idea?

Will making skeleton while only night make me a skeleton inside taverns and such?
Yes, it would.

That would suck tbh, or is there any other variable?
Then instead of what I suggested above, just remove this section:
Code:
if(DoCurse && GetAttribute(lcn, "environment.curse") == "false")
{
DoCurse = false;
}
That is the closest you can get to an "inbetween" situation.

About the other issue? Any idea?
Oops, I completely missed that post.

If I understand it correctly, it sounds like this issue:
Confirmed Bug - Sea Relations: When commander of group surrenders the whole group surrenders | PiratesAhoy!

Okay! will try the inbetween method, care to explain what do you mean by in between? its fine either way :)

yeah, that seems to be the bug, i can manage it for now so its good :), not that huge of an annoyance :)

thank you very much!

With "inbetween", I mean that you'll be halfway between the mod default situation and being a skeleton also inside at night.

There are several locations that the game considers "outside" because they've got weather/water.
An example is inside decks.
I added that bit of code to make the game understand that those locations are inside.
So by removing that code, the game "forgets" about that again.

Back