• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bad Save

Shark

Landlubber
Ahoy! :D

I'm new meat here, but old POTC player, recently I've installed the Build 14 Beta 4.0, but I can't load the games that I save, it just says "bad save" , then I'm always having to start a new game :( everything else is working pretty fine.

Can you guys help me?

More info in the Screenshots

Attachments

• 2017-01-24.png
    2017-01-24.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 191
  • 2017-01-24 (1).png
    2017-01-24 (1).png
    17.4 KB · Views: 141
Can you guys help me?
You can try the latest WIP version from the link in my signature.
@LarryHookins recently made a change that should help prevent this bug.

If that doesn't help, try waiting a minute or so after entering a location, then try to save.

My fix won't help that one, it's only for crashing when you try to save.

The problem with that save is that it has no content, it's zero bytes. I've seen it a few times when the game tries to save (after getting past the point that my fix would help) but has some problem otherwise.

Although if the game crashes because it doesn't contain my fix, then you might get an empty save. So try the fix. I wrote it when several saves in a row crashed, so I went looking and found some suspicious code.

My advice is to not overwrite saves just to make sure you don't end up with one you can't use, and especially like in your case where it's your only save. I'll have several saves at the same time, and delete old ones when they're no longer useful, or archive them to another folder if they're something I want to keep. I always save when I arrive at a new island and before I leave, and that's usually when I get rid of saves earlier than the arrival.

Hook

Thank you for the answers!

Well, I could not load any game at all, I've saved a lot of times and all of them are "Bad Saves". There is only 1 save because I've deleted the rest, then I made a new save just to take a screenshot. I will install the fix, wait the minute to save then I'll post the result in here, thanks anyway!

Just to update. There's some good saves appearing now, but it's 1 in 20, any idea what it could be?

Attachments

• error.log
    4.7 KB · Views: 150
So that didn't work either, them?
I'm a bit at a loss then, I'm afraid. :(

Are you using windows 10? If so I had what sounds a similar problem some time back with lots of out of memory logs- which I only resolved on re-installing windows afresh. - since I didn't manage to track the problem.

If on windows 10 check out his thread - same problem I think - no "solution" though :( Need Help - Bad save? | Page 2 | PiratesAhoy!

For me I did find a workround of booting in safe mode which seemed to allow saves to perform - so perhaps try that first?

For me I did find a workround of booting in safe mode which seemed to allow saves to perform - so perhaps try that first?

It worked! There was no more bad saves in the Safe Mode, but also there was no sound and the game was lagging a little bit :/

Back