• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Bad save (Both vanilla and New Horizons mod)

Game Preferences? What game mode do you mean? I am finding myself in a bewilderment again. :facepalm

I'm talking about AVG free.
avg settings.jpg

This wasnt really solved yet... I tried everything but didnt work, so i tried something simple. In the installation folder there is a config, i edited the settings there. I changed the resolution and also disabled safe mode. Now everything works.

It also worked when i changed the ownership options, but it resulted in more bugs, like a weird bug where nathaniel just keeps running even if i dont push the move button.

Ok, I know this is an ancient thread, but thought I'd share my solution since I was going crazy trying to get Vanilla saves working under Windows 10.

I had no memory exceptions occurring in save_load.c when I was getting a bad save.
The solution is to set the processor affinity of engine.exe to just one core.
Hopefully this helps someone to be able to enjoy the game even after all this time :)

No troubles with AVG here. Maybe its only AVG free thats cause problems.

Back