• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Bad save (Both vanilla and New Horizons mod)

piratesjunkie.... How can I thank you!!!! It worked it worked!!!!!!!! :D Now I'll install the mod and enjoy the game :aar :ship:bird:

I will need to defrag the HD this night though... All the Pirate game's mods and installs and unnistalls made my disk go from 1% to 20% fragmentation xD

You managed to get PotC working at long last? YESSSSS!!!!!
:ship

Which step exactly is it that worked? We're going to need that to our FAQ!

Well, I had to look up what AVG was and wasn't sure if I found the right thing.

So I added this to the FAQ:
The game tends not to work if:
- You use the AVG Free Antivirus software [solution: fix its settings!]
Is that fair enough? Anything more to add?

I wouldn't say (fix its settings), sounds complicated and doesn't focuses on the point... Say to just disable AVG protection, or add a way of enabling the game through the Anti-virus.

Have you found a way to enable the game through AVG? Or did you have to disable it altogether?

I tried to find a way but...All the tutorials show that it uses the AVG's firewall, yet, I have the basic protection, which doesn't includes firewall... :shrug

So my guess is, disable AVG for the game to save properly.

But... I use AVG (latest free version) on Windows 8 and nine times out of ten, I can save the game just fine. o_O

BU**SH**!! :rumgone

I have been using AVG free for years with no problems. I have never touched anything and I have NO problems.

@ Pieter
i was only joking, of course people are creating their own problems sometimes but not ONLY. I just meant that without computers the problems in life might not be enough and we might have to create some more ourselfes. Anyway ;)

@ Oneironz
i´m using McAfee AntiVirus Plus since many years and it didn´t disturb my games and my performance at all. It is an AIO Product with Antivirus, Antispyware and Firewall included. If you like you could try that one out. I always order it every year from AMAZON for a cheap price:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/McAfee-AntiVirus-Plus-2013-Subscription/dp/B008TIUY1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372917900&sr=8-1&keywords=mcafee antivirus plus 2013
Just a friendly recommendation from a Pirate :pflag

I use McAfee too and it likes to drive me nuts. Installs updates without me telling it to, then reboots in the middle of a movie I'm watching.
Then when it goes on its periodic virus scan, my computer becomes dead slow. :facepalm

@HyliePistoff
It isn't bullshit, my Avg runs on stock settings but somehow it messed up with this particular game for no aparent reason.

@piratesjunkie
Thanks for the tip, I'll stick with the free Avg though, I just need to disable temporarly, no big deal :)

@ Pieter
This is all just a matter of correct Configuration. If you want my support in this, i could send you screenshots of mine as an eMail attachment zipped with WINRAR or any other way you would like. Just let me know :doff

And loool Pieter :p just disable any scheduled tests and run an anti-virus/malware scan during the night, it should have an option to shut the pc down after the check.

Or talk with piratesjunkie, he's the master on McAfee :-D

Back