• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Back to SeaDogs!

Voidus

Landlubber
So I went ahead and bought Sea Dogs on GOG, installed and played only to find all text ingame looks like this, I'm not sure what it is but I think it's a font issue, trying to apply the fonts in the game folder doesn't work though..

Attachments

• SD.png
    SD.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 249
I see nothing wrong with that picture?

Does Sea Dogs have a Config.exe and/or engine.ini?

Yes, take a look at any SD gameplay video.. the font is actually really good looking, this size of this font is also huge so it wouldnt work with large texts. There is engine.ini and config, there is also fonts.ini that changes fonts. I can upload them if you like.

I'm still confused on what the problem is at all....

Anyway, if those two files are present, maybe the game structure is relatively similar to PotC, which might be the case.
In that case, there might be the same "texture quality" setting.
In PotC, setting that lower than the maximum makes the interfaces and fonts look terrible indeed.
So if that same setting exists, ensure you set it to maximum.

That is the only suggestion I can think of.

It really is not the same, that font is ugly by SD standards... it doesn't take much to look at any gameplay video or the game itself, and the difference is clear.

Last edited:
I don't even remotely have time to investigate anything here.

Since I don't understand there being a problem at all and apparently my suggestion doesn't work, that concludes any support I can try to give you. :shrug

Edit, I manged to fix it, it was just a case of missing fonts, believe it or not.

Last edited:
Back