• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Aztec Temple

grantJ

Landlubber
I have a treasure map that says it is in a cave to the right of the Aztec Temple but it does not give a location where this is. Can anybody help?

There is an Aztec/ Inca temple inland from the Shore of Amatrice ( Near Belize ).

From the Shore of Amatrice go inland - 1st right takes you to a cave - 2nd right takes you to the temple.

:drunk

When I get to Mosquito shore the sailor dialog is blank and I have alt-tab out of the game. I have this problem both with my purchased game, and a copy I downloaded for comparison.

Hello
You can fix this yourself for vanilla games, I think in GoF the fix is included. Here is the fix (doesn't seem to be in the forum anymore, copied it at the time fortunately):

"Ok so facing the same frustration as others here I've been constantly dropping out of my game trying to find the last few totems I need with little luck. This is down mostly to the lack of names in most of the guides currently up but also due to the possibility of finding some totems earlier before the quests begin or purchasing them from vendors without any knowledge of their purpose.

So here we go with a start to finish walkthrough for the Tenochtitlan Quest which to my knowledge should be absolutely 100% inclusive!

Firstly you'll need to carry out a quick fix to the game files before this quest will work (for the English version of the game) so here's the solution with thanks going to Dezeal for posting it and another forum for figuring it out!
First of all, make sure Age of Pirates is closed (don't do this while the game is running)

Backup the files in the following folders so you can revert back to them if necessary:
(Age of Pirates Base Directory)\Program\DIALOGS\russian\Quest\Tenochtitlan
(Age of Pirates Base Directory)\Program\Text\Dialogs\Quest\Tenochtitlan

There should be 3 files in each of those directories, for 6 files in total.

Edit all 6 of those files in a text editor (such as WordPad).
You'll need to replace all instances of the word "DLG_TEXT" with "DLG_TEXT_TE" (WITHOUT quotes) in all 6 files.

To do that in WordPad for instance:
1. Open one of the files.
2. Click Edit, then click Replace.
3. In the "Find what:" box, type in DLG_TEXT
4. In the "Replace With:" box, type in DLG_TEXT_TE
5. Click the "Replace All" button.
6. Save.
7. Repeat on the remaining 5 files.

It's worth noting that the later 3 files only have one instance each while the first three have many.

Quick Question.

If I don't edit them...

Do you mean, I can't play the Quest ?

:yes

You have to edit the files - people will not talk to you otherwise & quest will not work

They might be fixed in the mod - ( I played it in the stock game ) So look at the files and see if they are correct before editing them."

Good Luck!

One of the reasons the original JA combined mod was so popular was that it fixed that bug. It has been fixed in all large/primary mods (CMV series and GOF) since then. I played vanilla for about three days and then DL'd the JA mod. I was hooked. I had played supermod for AOP-CT before that, but what we achieved after as a group here at PA has astounded me. If you DL GOF or CMV the bug is auto fixed for you.

MK

Back