• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority Auto Reload Doesn't Work after Quest Reload/Load Save

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
The auto-reload doesn't work - I need to walk into the entrance corridor and press "Space" to get inside. Possibly a result of getting there by a "DoQuestReloadToLocation" in "console.c" rather than sailing to Hispaniola and walking there properly. (In "Hornblower", the auto-reload from one beach to another didn't work if you saved game on "Prison_Shore" and then reloaded the savegame, but did work if you'd played through continuously and had walked to "Prison_Shore" normally.)

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds plausible. Actually, if you an figure out anything consistent about the "auto reload doesn't work" issue, be sure to make a Bug Tracker entry.
While not a high priority issue, it is still annoying and we might as well have it listed so we won't forget.

I have also met at least one situation where auroreload doesn't work.
If I teleport to a shore location by code (DoQuestReload etc" the standard exit to the jungle needs a space
bar yes. Guess that is the same situation.

I know the DoQuestReload skips some things of the normal reload process, I tried to fix this in the past already but it could very well be it is still missing some things.
I believe the auto reload works by a certain event which has to be called at the start. if someone is able to find out which event handles the auto reload we could probably easily fix this..

Back