• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

S/V Atlantis

When I got my boat last year, @Grey Roger decided to Photoshop a pirate flag and cannons on her.
Today in port, it was no longer Photoshop! :cheeky

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1498338756675.jpg
    FB_IMG_1498338756675.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 482
@Grey Roger,
You´re a good storyteller. I did read the whole thing, and well, I would love to make such a trip by my own only cause of your words and pictures. Have fun until the last day! :yes

@Grey Roger,
You´re a good storyteller. I did read the whole thing, and well, I would love to make such a trip by my own only cause of your words and pictures. Have fun until the last day! :yes
Thanks, I did. :bounce

I had a look at the website for the Thalassa:
Tallship Thalassa - Welcome
They have something called Milesmakers:
Tallship Thalassa - Milesmakers
A milesmaker or delivery is a journey at a reduced price, during which everybody on board, crew as well as guests, participate at all activities on board.
They aren't kidding about the reduced prices. Cruises are all over 1000 euros. Milesmakers are between 300 and 490 euros. Unlike the themed cruises, the Milesmakers are all about the sailing - the ship is in transit between cruises, and you get to join in all shipboard activities. I've had my sailing holiday for this year, but this is definitely to be considered for the future...

Superb! :aar Now you just need the cannons. Or at least, paint on some fake gunports.
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Actually, I just discussed with a colleague that the next step should be to hoist that flag while sailing. :sail

They aren't kidding about the reduced prices. Cruises are all over 1000 euros. Milesmakers are between 300 and 490 euros. Unlike the themed cruises, the Milesmakers are all about the sailing - the ship is in transit between cruises, and you get to join in all shipboard activities. I've had my sailing holiday for this year, but this is definitely to be considered for the future...
Ooohh.... clever! It is the actual sailing that interests me anyway.
If you intend to go again next year, why don't you let me know? I've always wanted to do a trip like this and never did.
Would definitely like an excuse to make it happen! :woot

Actually, I just discussed with a colleague that the next step should be to hoist that flag while sailing. :sail
You might want to check the legality of that. In times gone by, merely having the flag on board could get you in trouble. Presumably the law has relaxed a bit if you haven't been arrested for displaying it while in port, but you don't want a naval patrol boat to interrupt your moment of fun...

Ooohh.... clever! It is the actual sailing that interests me anyway.
If you intend to go again next year, why don't you let me know? I've always wanted to do a trip like this and never did.
Would definitely like an excuse to make it happen! :woot
If I do sign up for another voyage, of whatever type, you can be sure I'll announce it here!

You might want to check the legality of that. In times gone by, merely having the flag on board could get you in trouble. Presumably the law has relaxed a bit if you haven't been arrested for displaying it while in port, but you don't want a naval patrol boat to interrupt your moment of fun...
True.

I did see a yacht in a marina flying a pirate flag last year, so I figured if they can do it, so can I.
But I only had it flying for less than 5 minutes, purely as a joke.
Of course that happened to be exactly the five minutes during which my next-door yacht owner happened to show up, so that made for a good first introduction! :razz

I sincerely doubt there are (m)any naval patrol boats sailing around the IJsselmeer. :ninja

If I do sign up for another voyage, of whatever type, you can be sure I'll announce it here!
Sounds like a plan. :onya

Back