• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Arr! Boredom be a harsh mistress! (TL;DR: Help us out!)

Dean3000

Landlubber
Arr Matey!

Wait, what?
*inaudible mumbling*
B-But I thought we were rolling with the Pirate spe-
*more inaudible mumbling*
...Fine.

*Ahem*

Hi All!

Okay so here's my problem, i'm playing the Assassin storyline, but as a different character because I preferred the timeset. I am a Scottish Conte Admiral in service to the French. Now unfortunately England only has one colony, Antigua in this game so far, and have made no attempts to capture any other colonies. Not to matter! The French are at war with Holland and Portugal, so plentiful enemies to go after still!

So far in my game, I have managed to wrestle myself a English Galleon through boarding and capture. But I want a proper French vessel, yet the shipyard in Saint Pierre offers only Luggers so far.

As an end game goal, I plan to leave the service of the French (through the more treacherous way of going over to Piracy) and becoming the most feared Pirate in the Archipelago. Part of my plan is to capture a colony for the French (which has been already done) as well as lose the character's sister in combat (in this case, Beatrice Devlin). Finally, I have an Aztec coin which turns me into a skeleton at nighttime, the perfect trigger for the change as I will need to visit a drunken pirate to see what else it may do.

So, my lovely audience, here's my dilemmas:

1. Where can I purchase French warships like Galleons or the like? And if so, what would be a good name for a French/Scottish sounding ship?

2. Where may I find this 'drunken pirate'?

3. From this point up to finding said pirate, what else can I do to fulfill this storyline?

Thanks for listening!

Cant help you there mate except for the names part Lol :p

Vaisseau Noir- Black Ship (French)

Nathair na Alba- Snake of Scotland (This is in Irish-Gaelic... I dont know exactly what it would be in Scottish Gaelic but thats not far off)

Haute Trahison - High Treason Prounounced aught Tra-iz-on. (French)

Lochness Monster (xD lololol)

Vie Joyeux- Merry Life

Moissonneur- Reaper

I'm a bit confused. You say you are playing the Assassin storyline and yet you have Beatrice Devlin with you. Methinks you are actually playing the Devlin Opera, which HAS no storyline.

When you reach a high enough skill level and rank the larger ships will begin to appear in the shipyards. If you want to hurry thing along, then you must find a certain rum drinking bosun in a place where Pirates and Frenchman are welcome.

Since you already have a coin you can kill two birds with one stone when you get to the island that can not be found except by someone who already knows where it is.
You can get rid of the curse and also find Vanderdecken, who sells ships.

Moved the thread. And indeed all your questions can be answered by going to a place which is know for hosting lots of pirates. There you can find someone who can lead you to and island which can only be found by those who already know where it is. There you can find a interesting shipyard.

The availability of ships at the shipyard depends on the size of the town.
Small town, small ships. Larger ships are rare to begin with, even in larger towns.

Note that town size can change over time as well. Ask the tavern owners for some news and check for rumours about Martinique.

When I want a large ship I go to Havana. It is still hit or miss but if there is a good one there I buy it and repaint it.

Should be Joyeuse Vie. Just sayin'. :wp
Once again. been a few years xD

My Best friends Girlfriend is French she keeps alot of it up to date when we text in french to bug him, but i'm still incredibly broken lol

Back