• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Arcade sailing in Ironman

Captain Shrimp

Landlubber
Yoho mateys, I need some help!

I'm playing the 4.1 Build, and I'm doing a character/story-focused playthrough.
I love Ironman Mode and I pretty much got it set up the way I want to, except one thing: I REALLY would prefer the higher ship speed from the Arcade Mode.
Everything else, like the larger map, the disabled worldmap, i want to keep.

I tried tweaking some things in InternalSettings, but there is no section for "Arcade", and none of the options seem to affect ship speed.

I'm a dummie when it comes to coding, but i suspect all that i need is to add a line or two, could someone lend a hand? :onya

@Captain Shrimp: One simple thing you could try:
- Switch the game to Arcade Game Mode
- Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h
- Change the realism toggles at the top so that they approximate Iron Man Game Mode:
Code:
// ======================================
// REALISM OPTIONS:
// ======================================
// Included in Realistic Game Mode:
#define REALISTIC_SHIP_INERTIA            0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Ships require counter-rudder and don't sail as if on rails
#define SHORE_DANGER_ALARM                1        // BOOL - 1=ON - Red flashing icon and danger music do not start until enemies draw their blade
#define DISCOVER_SAIL_TO                0        // BOOL - 0=OFF - Shores and ports must be discovered by sailing there manually before you can use Sail To
#define DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL            0        // BOOL - 0=OFF - Town locations must be discovered by finding them manually before you can use Fast Travel
#define NAVIGATION_EQUIPMENT            1        // BOOL - 1=ON - Items required for certain navigational information to become available
#define ENABLE_LIMITED_SHIPCLASS        1        // BOOL - 1=ON - When player takes command of ship of too high tier, Leadership and Sailing skills drops
#define CANNOT_RELOAD_WHILE_FIGHTING    2        // INT - 1=DEFAULT: Controlled by Realism Mode - 0 or 2 override the Realism Mode setting
#define SAIL_OPERATE_DELAY                3        // INT - sailors will operate sails this amount of seconds after receiving command (set to 0 to restore stock PotC)
// Included in Iron Man Mode:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD                    1        // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
#define WORLDMAP_DISABLED                1        // BOOL - 1=ON - DirectSail enforced
#define SAILTO_DISABLED                    1        // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea
#define ONSEA_DATA_DISABLED                1        // BOOL - 1=ON - Spyglass and compass additional information disabled, cannot move camera to non-player ships
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES                2        // INT  - 1=DEFAULT: Controlled by Realism Mode - 0 or 2 override the Realism Mode setting
#define ITEM_REALISM                    1        // BOOL - 1=ON - Items like rubies, diamonds and inca statuettes give no skill bonuses (books and items like compass etc. still do)
#define RELATION_IGNORE_FRIENDLY        1        // BOOL - 1=ON - Ships and forts will not remember your flag for future encounters if you are non-hostile
Or something like that; you can make your own picks. :doff
- Start a New Game

Wow, that was fast, thanks :)

I already tried that, but how do i edit the options for Arcade? There are only Realistic and Ironman "sections" in the ini, no Arcade...
Where do i actually tweak the settings for Arcade Mode in the section of the ini that you outlined?

edit: Nevermind, I got it! Just misunderstood how the thing works, now i played around a bit with the settings and the game works exactly as i want it to!

Thanks, now ima go back to piratin! Arr!:bow

Last edited:
Back