• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

High Priority Apothecary Quest Bugs ( contains Spoilers )

Ketchup

Sailor
I recently started the Mysterious Plants quest, and got to the part, I imagine fairly early in the quest where I follow the Native Indian out of Bridgetown Tavern, into the second part of the town, and the Indian goes around the Church into a little building, questbook update etc, but after it updates I cannot move, I get REALLY low fps all of a sudden, I can't move the camera, I think this is deliberate, but I left it running like this for 5 mins, and I still can't move or fast travel, as it says "Something is going to happen at this location".

MODERATOR EDIT:
For an additional list of bugs, see Unconfirmed Bug - Apothecary Quest Bugs ( contains Spoilers ) | Page 2 | PiratesAhoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
FPS can drop when you just entered a location and the characters are going through the Levelling process.
Are there a LOT of characters in the location as far as you can tell?

All log files from your play-through and a savegame just prior to that point may prove useful too.

Im curious as to what you mean by "Levelling Process". I will upload a save game prior, tomorrow as I am not on my pc at the moment.

When you first enter a new map or arena all the information about what is in that map like NPCs is loaded and this makes the game run slowly for a few seconds. But it sounds like you are well past that part so the freeze is mysterious.

Err, what storyline does it go into? If it goes into free play it will conflict with my current game.

The filename is "-=Player=- Barbados. Bridgetown October 10th, 1751 1", so my guess it's "Standard", alias "Tales of a Sea Hawk". Peeking into the file with Notepad shows numerous references to quests belonging to that storyline, too.

K

I put it into the standard save folder and then got a "bad save". I am using a new install from the public release of beta 4.

Last edited:
K

I put it into the standard save folder and then got a "bad save". I am using a new install from the public release of beta 4.
Yes it's a 27th Mar version file. The save game is not locked up - and looks OK although I didn't try to progress the quest, however it will be useful to try the running out of food and wrong case/reward at Cartegena bug reports that I inherited if it works from here EDIT or if @ColonelKetchup30 wants to carry on (if it works) and the give me a save just before setting off for Cartegena it would save me messing about.ENDEDIT (I don't know about fps because I never bothered to set it up so I could view them - but the game speed looks normal after loading the save).

Did you follow the Indian out of the town into the warehouse? I'm having trouble with the second part of Bridgetown.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados.zip
    944.9 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Err no. There is no Indian to follow for me to see (do you still see one when you load it?). I can go into the next area and into the warehouse on the right opposite the church (if that is the correct one) or round the back too, but there is no ambush or indians. Unless anyone else knows better (I have never done this side quest) I think it's just going to be "revert to an earlier save", but I will take a look in the code and see if there is an obvious thing to put into console to reset the follow indian sequence.

I did go and talk to the Captain and meet him later but that's not the development line you need of course.

Talk to the Captain in the tavern, and you see an Indian run down the stairs? Then you follow him into the second part of the town and there's a questbook update. It is here that when I move, the camera and the character reset to the same location, in front of the doors.

I can not run the savegames, but I will try the quest in my own game.

Yes Ok fine I thought you had already triggered the Indian. No lock up for me so here is a save just after the questbook update and the indian has entered the warehouse. Hopefully that sets you straight again, if so I would be grateful if you would return the favour with a save (when you get there) before you set sail for Cartegena.

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 3.7z
    652.9 KB · Views: 350
@Pieter Boelen There is indeed something wrong with this quest, the first Indian whos appears,aint triged
and you will be stuck in the port when you are going back to town. If you hit f12 the computer
goes down. This is the latest update I play, I havent played any of the other sidequest yet,so I dont know
if they work well. You can replicate the bug with the savegame I will post.

Attachments

• error.log
    350 bytes · Views: 364
  • compile.log
    29.2 KB · Views: 402
  • -=Player=- Barbados. Bridgetown church July 8th, 1751.zip
    923.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Here, although it appeared that before, I was having issues with uploading saves.
@pedrwyth

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados. Barbados lighthouse.zip
    949.8 KB · Views: 383
Back