• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Anyone here follows Ludum Dare?

Eskhol

Sailor Apprentice
Hey,

In a couple of hours the compo will end and I was wondering if you guys also know about this.

Ludum Dare is an online event in which developers have a weekend (48 hours for the compo or 72 hours for the jam) to develop a game from scratch.
The compo means that everything has to be self made in those 48 hours, including art, music and the complete source code.
The jam is a more relaxed way of doing it, you have 72 hours and you can use art and music made by others, you can also work in a group which I think it's not possible in the compo.

Edit:
There's also a theme for each event so all games must follow that more or less.

Very interesting and pretty cool to watch if someone on youtube/twitch you like does it.
There's no prize but eternal glory.

So, does someone know about this or even participates in it?

Time? What's that? :rofl

Sounds very interesting for people interested in getting into game design, such as @Armada.
Myself, game development is not something I'm professionally serious about.
There are only two jobs I really care about: navigating at sea and Maritime Research.
Playing around with pirate games is just a hobby. :cheeky

Sounds fun, but I don't think my programming skills are up to scratch for that kind of event. I've been focusing on 3D modelling this summer, anyway.

Oh you don't need expert programming skills, just an idea and of course, time.
Thousands of people participate and some games are very simple yet fun and interesting. You could also be part of a team.
I would like to learn a lot more about programming and participate some day but for now I just watch them develop games and then play some.

Back