• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ahoy Officers

Dobas

Landlubber
Hi guys, i'm new here.

I ran into a major problem in the game...
When i visit a tavern looking for officers, and talk to people, i can only choose the option : no thanks, i have a full crew
if i talk to the same officer again it gives me two options : no thanks i have a full crew ...........OR.........how would you be in action? ( if i choose this, it shows me his stats )

Long story short : in the end im not able to choose to hire them.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Welcome to the forum Dobas. :onya

I'm guessing you already have all officer roles filled or have alot of officer's? If you wish to hire more officer's release some of the other ones which you have to add to the role of fighter then approach them and sack them. You should then be able to hire replacements to those officer's.

If you have no officer's then it sounds like a bug and a restart might fix the problem. :shrug

Nope, only have the 2 officers from the beginning, restart won't help, i have this problem every time i'm playing the game, kind off ruines it, since you need officers to make ur ship better.
Thanks for replying.

Let me guess - you are using Arabella, right? Just two topics bellow a guy asked the same question. Dump Arabella in the port control and buy yourself some class 6 ship.

I've checked the forum, no1 had the same problem as i do, i can't hire officers......it's not that i can't pay them.

What he's trying to say is everything hinges on your ship class, which is probably 2. So its linked with your Authority value which is probably -8 or 2.

I had the same problem. So to hire more officers,

A) buy second ship, class 5 and put the original class 2 ship in storage with port control and move over to the class 5 ship. Now you can hire more officers.

OR

B) this is what I actually did, but people don't recommend it. I captured a pirate ship class 4 or 5, moved over to the class 5 ship, hired more officers, then moved back to my original class 2 ship.
Why? Because it has better guns, more men. I used it to capture and attack pirate ships and quickly made 1 million dollars.

What he's trying to say is everything hinges on your ship class, which is probably 2. So its linked with your Authority value which is probably -8 or 2.

I had the same problem. So to hire more officers,

A) buy second ship, class 5 and put the original class 2 ship in storage with port control and move over to the class 5 ship. Now you can hire more officers.

OR

B) this is what I actually did, but people don't recommend it. I captured a pirate ship class 4 or 5, moved over to the class 5 ship, hired more officers, then moved back to my original class 2 ship.
Why? Because it has better guns, more men. I used it to capture and attack pirate ships and quickly made 1 million dollars.

1 million piasters i think you mean, dollars won't get you far in the caribbean. :rolleyes:

I never knew the ship class effected hiring officer's then again i never sail a ship above my ability or that of my officer's so i would not have stumbles across that one. You learn something new or in my case alot of new things every day. xD:

I never knew the ship class effected hiring officer's then again i never sail a ship above my ability or that of my officer's so i would not have stumbles across that one. You learn something new or in my case alot of new things every day. xD:

Grrrrr... It is NOT your class ship which does matter, it is your penalty which does matter. Which penalty you get because your navigation skill is not enough to "drive" class 2 ship. Which is perfectly well explained in the inside game tooltips. If there was someone to read it :doff

Well to be fair it isn't that clearly explained, the translation is quite frankly complete rubbish.

The explanation is simple though... if you try and sail a higher class ship when you have little or no sailing ability you arent going to sail it very effectivly

You need more experience to sail the higher class ship

But yes I agree with Handel, new CoAS members dont really read the forum at all before asking questions

Back