• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates 2 COAS and GOF - JLB version

Ta da! Ropes now too.
erjsdj.jpg

Very cool, @ChezJfrey! :onya

I always enabled Alt+Tabbing by using windowed mode, which works relatively well.
But it indeed isn't a 100% solution; for one thing, because the brightness controls don't work in windowed mode.
So congratulations. :woot
Some actions will freeze engine regardless of windowed mode. Storm 2.5+ will crash. Try win+l, ctr+alt+del, switching screens etc.

Very cool, @ChezJfrey! :onya

I always enabled Alt+Tabbing by using windowed mode, which works relatively well.
But it indeed isn't a 100% solution; for one thing, because the brightness controls don't work in windowed mode.
So congratulations. :woot

Yeah, everyone plays windowed mode for that. But, every once in a very great while, my video driver hiccups, which actually prompts the very same response in DirectX, known as a 'lost device'; this is a flaw in my HP, but fortunately this bug is quite rare occurance. This 'lost device' is the exact same situation that presents when playing full screen and alt-tabbing/switching window contexts. And of course when this happens to me due to the bug in my driver, the game stalls/crashes. So, I thought why not fix the problem and actually allow the game to play either way, like a normal app should...you know, not break for normal PC use while in full screen if one is allowed to launch it that way.

There is a technique to 'reset' the device and put things back, and in fact the developers had attempted to do some of the restoration, but failed. I fixed what they did wrong, added a bunch of restoration points they missed, and voila!

Back