• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A Merry Read an Bonney - Reading Suggestions

It is true, a book, written in times without TV, lets you imagine - a movie entertains you.
Most thrilling for me are "real Story's" as far we can reconstruct them. That’s why I recommended Cook.
To be honest, I have not so detailed knowledge of "sailing age", I don’t know all about anything, but I learn more about everything, everyday!
The History is "the best story in the World"! It's full of wrong decisions and dying hero's. I don’t have a TV anymore, stream what I want to see, so I will start reading again!

Nice for keeping this thread, as source.

I haven't turned my TV on for one and a half month now, and I relay enjoy the peace. At the time
I'm reading Herman Melville's book White-Jacket. It's about the life on board a big American
frigate about 1843. Then I work with POTC, and if needed I will take my elguitar and play some
heavy music. So no time for TV right now. :rpirate

Heavy music sounds nice. Tending to Blues and Soul, now im getting older. Used to play with friend's, but my engagement in Racing meant I worked when they had time (weekend's). Still have my Charvel and play sometimes, but I lost some skill's! No one hears!

I am very pleased with modded Games, spend lots of time in the last two years to understand more of this. Learned a lot from people like here! That keeps my brain active when work is rare. Reading through all forums is also reading! (but understanding..)

A very interesting training manual by a Royal Navy officer from 1812. Maybe it could be added to NH as an ingame book for naval officer in the Napoleonic period:p
http://swordfight.uk/wp-content/upl...-by-Lieutenant-William-Pringle-Green-1812.pdf
Cool!

Alternatively: @The Nameless Pirate, how about making a front page news article for that and/or mentioning it on Facebook?
There might be more people who like to know.

Other thought would be to make a thread with titles/links for all sorts of related/interesting reads.
I always find it a shame when cool stuff gets drowned in Davy Jones' Locker.

Cool!

Alternatively: @The Nameless Pirate, how about making a front page news article for that and/or mentioning it on Facebook?
There might be more people who like to know.

Other thought would be to make a thread with titles/links for all sorts of related/interesting reads.
I always find it a shame when cool stuff gets drowned in Davy Jones' Locker.
I will add it to the front page news and our Facebook page then. :cheers

Edit: Done!

Last edited:
Back