• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3D Modeller

Caldary

Landlubber
3D Artist
Provisional
Greeting all you blue world travelers.

@PureRNG showed me this project and it looks like a fun and interesting way to spend my free time.

Ok, and now a bit about myself.

I am an architectural practical engineer (thats quite a mouthful ) and i work at an architecture firm so i work as a designer on a daily basis, unfortunately i can't show any of my work as i have signed a NDA, once i set up a work station at home and research the architecture of the period a bit more i'll add a few sketches.

I am proficient in Autodesk Revit and i used 3D Max a few times, so i plan on creating the main model in Revit and then export it to 3D Max for polishing it and other final touches, if everything works as i expect it to, it will allow me to make not only the outside part but also the interior as a single object in half of the time.

Thats at least the plan in theory, i haven't tried exporting files as objects so if you have any experience in it let me know what mistakes to avoid.

Well thats basically everything i can think of the top of my head, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hi @Caldary, welcome! :ahoy

We're always happy to have more architectural artists on the team. Our Coordinator for architecture is @Ashinokami, who should reply soon to offer more information about the kinds of buildings we need.

I'd be interested in knowing how you get on with that @Caldary; I'm trying to use Cinema 4D at the moment for architecture and it's not the easiest software for CAD as you can imagine, but I don't yet know enough about Revit to come up with a workflow...it'd save a tonne of time though! :)

@Robert Nutter i know many people that start drawning models prefer to use sketchup as they say its easier to understand, i myself only seen it once about a year ago so i cant really give you accurate opinion about it

*Edit, actually thinking about it now i might actually give it another look for furniture modelling (a little passion i have)

Last edited:
I gave it a try but for some completely silly reason I couldn't get my head round it. I've taught myself both Revit and C4D fine, but I think it was the interface that threw me in Sketchup...stupid, I know! :modding

Perhaps I should give it another go then. I love C4D's range of tools but it really falls down when it comes to measuring...:rolleyes:

Back