• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3D Modeler

urban legend 1996

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
:ahoy Hey Guy's , I'd love to contribute to this project. I think I could help with 3d modelling side of development, I have enough skill and determination to learn in 3d modelling to feel I could be committed to this project . I am really happy to contribute in anyway E.G. creating assets or full ships although I would prefer to challenge of making ships, I work with the 3D application 3Ds Max in case you wanted to know and that's it:) .

:ship

Thanks for reading,
Ryan O'Gorman

Ahoy and welcome!

We'd be glad to have another modeller on the team, especially to help churn out the masses of ships that we need.
What kind of ships would interest you the most? For reference, we're aiming for a loose mid-18th century time frame to begin with, and we currently have a few frigates and 74s in the works.
You'll definitely want to check out this hull modelling tutorial by one of our members, which was written for 3ds Max: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/ship-hull-modeling-tutorial.17259/

Hi armada, I will be honest, I love the era this game is focusing on , but sadly i am no wiz kid in terms of ship specifics and because i am happy for you to suggest a ship to work on, I do have a few questions.

1:is their any thread or document tracking the development of modeling as my main worry is that i am modeling somthing that has already being modeled or is in progress

2:how do i submit models

3:is their a list of request's of modeling prioritys in terms of assets or specific ships

4: do i need to collect my own reference images for ships or does somesome provide them for me the reason i ask is because i have no clue where to find reference images.

sorry for all the questions,although ill probably
have many more,haha.

I have checked out the tutorial before i applied and i hope i am not asking to much off you asking you to suggest a ship for me too model

That's no problem; we have members such as Post Captain and Captain Armstrong who can advise on many of the finer details of ship anatomy.
They can suggest some specific ships for you to make, and can usually provide reference images and plans to work from. ;)

We have a thread listing some of the ship classes we need here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/ships-we-need.19549/
Note that the first post focusses on Napoleonic ships, but the same classes are still needed for the rest of the period.

To submit a model, you need to start a thread in the Game World Content forum (I've added you to the team so you can access it), which you can update with WIP images and renders.
You can also post if you encounter any problems when building the ship, and we'll help out where we can.
We haven't finalised a formal method of submitting a final product yet, but we'll provide specifics when we get there.

Okay, thanks for your quick replies and support, Shall I PM Post Captain and Captain Armstrong or should I wait for them to contact me via this thread?

Probably best to send them a PM to make sure you get their attention.

Back