Today, I'm very excited to reveal New Horizons Remastered; a new project to immortalise our much-loved New Horizons mod for PotC in the Unity engine, as a standalone game.
Starting right now, you can play a short tech demo that incorporates several assets and locations from the New Horizons mod and reimagines them with modern graphics while emulating the same gameplay mechanics.
At their E3 press conference earlier today, Ubisoft announced a new pirate game titled Skull and Bones. The game is being developed by Ubisoft Singapore, the studio behind the naval systems in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, which seems to have been a major influence on the design of Skull and Bones. It takes place in the Indian Ocean in 1721, where you take command of your own ship and can sail around an open, connected world by yourself or as part of a "gang" of pirates with other players, fighting and looting other ships as you go.
A preview of multiplayer gameplay was shown at the conference, which you can watch below:
Here's a behind-the-scenes video from the development team explaining more about the game:
The game is scheduled to launch in late 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
You can find out more about it here:...
"All Hands Ahoy!" free DLC is now released for all owners of the game. In addition to this, Blood & Gold itself will be discounted on Steam for two days 50%. Grab it while you can!
This update brings a good question — what's so good about being a pirate? We got you covered with this video:
Full update notes:
- Illegal horse races with no rules — ask Suspicious man about them if you're interested.
- Story campaign — pirate adventure about love, revenge, rise to power and killing Spanish governors.
- Unique city locations for each faction.
- Adult content in pirate taverns — be sure to turn it off, if you're playing with kids.
- City raids — if you need some money and have some thugs in your party, but you don't feel like risking everything for a siege attack, this is an option for you. Quickly raid a city, killing innocent people and grabbing everything of...