The game has gone under the first round of beta testing and had bugs fixed. The last level is well under construction - the outside is done.. now just the inside!
New weapon types have been added, more destructible items, and more interesting ways for them to be destroyed. (We all like it when stuff blows up!)
More story has been packed in to make the overall goal of completing the game a lengthy (but not too lengthy) enjoyable time.
Save points are available on each Island. (They may or may not be active depending on what you are getting up to!). Some things will respawn, some will not (generally depending on the story line state).
The UI is pretty much done, just need to finish up some icons. The NPCs are all pretty much done and their dialogs. Final total of unique NPCs with their own dialogs and parts to...
"All Hands Ahoy!" free DLC is now released for all owners of the game. In addition to this, Blood & Gold itself will be discounted on Steam for two days 50%. Grab it while you can!
This update brings a good question — what's so good about being a pirate? We got you covered with this video:
Full update notes:
- Illegal horse races with no rules — ask Suspicious man about them if you're interested.
- Story campaign — pirate adventure about love, revenge, rise to power and killing Spanish governors.
- Unique city locations for each faction.
- Adult content in pirate taverns — be sure to turn it off, if you're playing with kids.
- City raids — if you need some money and have some thugs in your party, but you don't feel like risking everything for a siege attack, this is an option for you. Quickly raid a city, killing innocent people and grabbing everything of...
Torrance, CA - April 29 th , 2016 - Similar to the previous four-chapter long major expansion, Gran Atlas, released throughout 2015 – 2016, the new major expansion, Episode Atlantis is a three-chapter long expansion to be released for the game in 2016. The first of the three chapters, King Minos, will arrive on May 12th, 2016.
The following new features will be added to the game in this chapter:
1. Land Region Investigation: Using the Triangulation method to survey land areas and complete their maps.
2. Atlantis Treasure Hunt: Follow clues to discover ancient advanced technology and the legends about the fall of Atlantis.
3. Endless Dungeon: Explore the Labyrinth on the island Crete to fight increasingly difficult enemies and loot valuable treasures. The legendary Minotaur can be encountered as a boss.
4. Auto Navigation: Set your destination port and let the ship auto sail.
5. New Astronomical Object Discovery: Discover unknown comets, asteroids, and nebulas and name them...
The build as well as the Cryengine itself has earned a somewhat bad reputation between myself, my development team and my friends. This isn’t unfounded either. The build is exceedingly buggy, crashing often, and stuck with a framerate that rarely exceeds 20 frames a second.
On top of that, the build itself is a reminder of our inability to realise my vision of a co-operative multiplayer game, as it is single-player only. With A.I standing in as crew-members aboard the player’s ship.
It was quite a surprise then, that upon returning to the build to play it, almost a year after it was made, that I found myself so genuinely lost in it. With enough distance from the original development process, I was able to truly appreciate the game...