Translation into the first non English language - Russian is almost complete! Other languages to follow hopefully. (Over 900 sentences takes time!). Players will be able to select a language at the title screen which will convert all text in the game and menus.
The game has gone under the first round of beta testing and had bugs fixed. The last level is well under construction - the outside is done.. now just the...
"All Hands Ahoy!" free DLC is now released for all owners of the game. In addition to this, Blood & Gold itself will be discounted on Steam for two days 50%. Grab it while you can!
This update brings a good question — what's so good about being a pirate? We got you covered with this video:
Full update notes:
- Illegal horse races with no rules — ask Suspicious man about them if you're interested.
- Story campaign — pirate adventure about love, revenge, rise to power and killing Spanish governors.
- Unique city locations for each faction.
- Adult content in pirate taverns — be sure to turn it off, if you're playing with kids.
- City raids — if you need some money and have some thugs in your party, but you don't feel like risking everything for a siege attack, this is an option for you. Quickly raid a city, killing innocent people and grabbing everything of...
Torrance, CA - April 29 th , 2016 - Similar to the previous four-chapter long major expansion, Gran Atlas, released throughout 2015 – 2016, the new major expansion, Episode Atlantis is a three-chapter long expansion to be released for the game in 2016. The first of the three chapters, King Minos, will arrive on May 12th, 2016.
The following new features will be added to the game in this chapter:
1. Land Region Investigation: Using the Triangulation method to survey land areas and complete their maps.
2. Atlantis Treasure Hunt: Follow clues to discover ancient advanced technology and the legends about the fall of Atlantis.
3. Endless Dungeon: Explore the Labyrinth on the island Crete to fight increasingly difficult enemies and loot valuable treasures. The legendary Minotaur can be encountered as a boss.
4. Auto Navigation: Set your destination port and let the ship auto sail.
5. New Astronomical Object Discovery: Discover unknown comets, asteroids, and nebulas and name them...
The build as well as the Cryengine itself has earned a somewhat bad reputation between myself, my development team and my friends. This isn’t unfounded either. The build is exceedingly buggy, crashing often, and stuck with a framerate that rarely exceeds 20 frames a second.
On top of that, the build itself is a reminder of our inability to realise my vision of a co-operative multiplayer game, as it is single-player only. With A.I standing in as crew-members aboard the player’s ship.
It was quite a surprise then, that upon returning to the build to play it, almost a year after it was made, that I found myself so genuinely lost in it. With enough distance from the original development process, I was able to truly appreciate the game...